COURSE 2 ( INTERMEDIATE): A Walk In The Woods and Country Woodcraft
Typically a six hour or two day course with an overnight stay in the woods for the latter.
The course utilizes most areas of the woodland site and, whilst generally not difficult, a basic level of fitness / agility is required.
Although by no means essential, we would recommend, depending upon experience, course 1 as an ideal introduction to this course.
Sample course content (negotiable in advance, depending upon experience, to suit)
- Introduction based on course 1 content
- Personal safety
- Course 1 elements (by negotiation)
- Animal tracking
- Finding and purifying drinking water
- Safe fire making (multi methods) and management and maintenance
- Wild food gathering and processing
- Cooking in camp
- Cooking in the wider woods
- Individual and group collection, preparation, cooking and cleaning responsibilities
- Spoon making
- Safe knife usage and sharpening
- Shelter varieties and their building
- Simple woodland survival techniques
- Preparing to sleep outdoors
- Familiarisation with the woodland camp (see separate page for camp facilities)
Minimum party size: 6 Maximum party size: by agreement.
- As course 1, plus for those staying overnight:
- Roll mat
- Sleeping mat
- Adequate clothing for the duration
- 2 x 1 litre water bottles
- Drinking mug
- Knife, fork and spoon set
- Pocket knife
- Insect repellent
- Personal wash / hygiene kit including talcum powder
Ideal for schools, clubs, youth groups, walking groups, families, companies and others.
Cost per person: Six-hour course: £20 Two-day course: £60