General Course Questions
- How can I get in touch?
To contact us if you are interested in learning more, or wish to discuss potential bookings, please call Alex on 07944 767609. Alternatively, you can click in the header of any page to send an email or write to us at: Down2Earth Days Out, The Studio, Garden City Way, Chepstow, Monmouthshire NP16 5ED.
- Do we have to eat wild food?
If you wish to eat non site-gathered food we can, if you wish, purchase it for you locally in advance of your arrival. We do ask for an accurate list and payment in advance. All receipts would be provided. Parties may, of course, bring their own provisions.
- Is there more comfortable accommodation?
For those on the overnight courses who maybe do not wish to sleep at the camp, we do have a list of nearby hotels, pubs and B&B's. We would be happy to make any necessary arrangements in line with their individual booking policies.
- How do we find you?
Directions to the site will be given upon receipt of deposit payment.
- Can we have a beer on site?
The consumption of alcohol is allowed on site. Poor behaviour, resulting from an abuse of alcohol, is not.
- Can we see the facilities before booking?
Group leaders may, if they wish, arrange to visit the site and meet the team prior to making a booking.
- Can we bring our vehicles to the site?
It is possible to park cars and minibuses on the site (within certain limits).
- Can you segregate mixed gender groups?
Separate sleeping areas can be arranged for males / females.
- What if it rains, will our course be cancelled?
Courses will run in bad weather.
- Can you cater for vegetarians?
Vegetarians can be catered for by prior arrangement.
- Can we bring firearms?
Firearms or other weapons deemed to be dangerous are not permitted on the site.
- What if I break or lose equipment?
Course attendees are responsible for their own equipment. Down2Earth can accept no responsibility for lost or damaged items.
- Is safe behaviour encouraged?
The Down2Earth team reserve the right to apply sanctions if an individual's actions threaten to spoil the enjoyment of others or compromise safety.
- Are my details and personal information kept private?
- Are there fixed start and finish times for the courses?
Courses can generally be designed to suit the timing and individual needs of groups. Please contact us with your requirements.
- Can we get additional protection if the weather turns suddenly?
We can provide heavy duty wet weather outer coveralls for smaller groups.